Sunday, October 7, 2012

Heaven 37

This morning I had the great pleasure of celebrating my birthday sharing what I love with people I love. I began my day, as I do each Sunday, teaching a Nia class at Balance Studio in Fremont. As I opened the class I shared with everyone that several years ago I began naming my birthdays - ex. "Opening doors in 34, Thrive 35, Bliss 36 and Heaven 37" for this year ahead.

Each year, as with a Nia class, I set a focus for myself. Last year, for Bliss 36, my focus was "finding my voice." I made great strides in finding my voice this past year, especially as a teacher. I learned to express myself from a deeper place of honesty, bravery and authenticity. I learned to harness the power of sound in my classes and that magic has spilled over into all areas of my life. I am not afraid to speak up, to make wild and crazy sounds in class and to stop using my voice when the power of silence is more appropriate.

This year, my theme is still taking shape but it is "manifesting my dreams through sharing my gifts."
So for class this morning, our focus was on the collective sharing of our gifts. I found this quote in the book "Journey Through the Gaian Tarot" by Joanna Powell Colbert:.."When the flame of creativity is shared, all benefit and no one single fire is diminished. Passions shared and combined can create a bonfire big enough to light up the entire sky." I added, also from the same book: "I spark creativity in others while tending my own creative flame."

Before we danced everyone wrote, on a small index card, one gift they wanted to share with the world. Then we each placed our gifts on an altar that contained a candle and a fire and ice rainbow quartz. Here are the gifts shared:


"I share my creative spirit and joy of movement." 
"I radiate healing, creativity and passion throughout the world."
"The gift of flight."
"Open heart and space to express fully."
"Dwelling in joy with nature."
"Energy!"
"The gift of understanding, peace and encouragement."
"Playfulness."
"Fun."
"Celebration of everyone's unique being-ness."

Then we danced my birthday playlist:

Pirates - Deep Dive Corp. - from the Nia routine Beyond
Sun Is Shining - ReUnited - from the Nia routine Vibe
Sweeter Love - Blue Six - from the Nia routine Sexi
Sufani- Gaudi - from the Nia routine Canta
Drumming Up a Storm - Bob Holroyd - from the Nia routine AO
Dougoulanta - Adham Shaikh - from the Nia routine Beyond
Shine - Joshua - from the Nia routine R1
Shivaratri - Benjy Wertheimer & John de Kadt

My body, mind, heart and spirit are full. I am grateful for this life and humbly and vulnerably vow to honor and share my gifts this year and to be a champion for others as they share their gifts as well.

I could not have had a greater start to my 37th year.

Thank you for sharing your Joy with me and continuing to allow me to share what I love with you.

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment