Friday, September 3, 2010

Movement and Healing

The focus of tonight’s class is healing. Each of us has an area of our bodies and/or lives that can use healing. Movement can be powerful medicine for the body, mind, heart and soul. Nia is the physical, spiritual and philosophical practice I turn to when I need healing. I invite you to join me tonight in focusing our Nia practice on something in our lives or even in our world that could use collective healing energy.

A reminder that there is no class on Sunday, September 5th or next week Friday, September 10th and Sunday, September 12th. Next weekend I will be at Nia headquarters in Portland, OR doing the Nia 5 Stages training. I will write more about that later this week. I will also share more about the upcoming changes to my teaching schedule that will take effect October 1, 2010.

In the meantime, I leave you with a poem I found earlier today:

We dance in kindness.
We dance and live to revive the wilderness
around us and within us.
We dance to wake.
We dance to remember.
We dance to find that one solid truth within
that we can stand behind
as we make our love offerings
to this glorious and raging world.
We are made for these times.
Let us help each other in staying well,
wildly sane and outrageously creative.

Poem by - Rebecca Strong, M.A., C.H.T.


I look forward to dancing with you tonight: 6:45pm at the Crown Hill School, room 4. Address: 9250 14th NW, Seattle, WA 98117.

No comments:

Post a Comment