Sunday, April 22, 2012

Celebrating International Mother Earth Day with the Joy of Movement

On Sunday, April 22, 2012 we will celebrate International Mother Earth Day with a Nia routine that invites us to infuse our movements with the energies of the five elements: Earth, Water, Air, Fire and Ether (Spirit). Through these gestures we honor and celebrate the Earth and our place in humanity as we dance through our lives consciously, joyfully and interconnected. See you at 10:30am at Delilah's Belly Dance Studio in Fremont.


Mother Earth 
by Anne B.(2003)
Image: http://www.etsy.com/listing/67584787/love-the-earth

I feel her breath
Hear her heart beat
Feel her gentle presence
Under my feet

Gaia
Our Mother Earth
Holding the balance
Creating a safe space
Her nurturing energy exuding grace

Allowing each of us to tread our path
No judgements or conditions
Whether we cry
Or just laugh

I feel so connected
And in my power
Feel the compassion
Gentle and beautiful
Like a delicate flower

I surrender
Let it all go
Merging
Allowing her heart energy
Deep into my soul

Her beauty
And mine
Becoming as one
Soothed by her gentle melody
Her beautiful song 

Let us dance together
Merging our hearts
Knowing we can never be
Really apart 

Mother Earth
Thank you for holding the space
Thank you for all your peace
And faith

Thank you
For all your love
Thank you
For helping me connect with above

Thank you
For being part of the cosmic dance
Being still
Beautiful
Giving me a chance

A chance to see the cosmic view
Knowing I am part of all of you
Earth
Moon
Sun and stars
Planets
and
Galaxies too!

No comments:

Post a Comment