Saturday, December 11, 2010

Body Pearl for the Day: "Unite your states of body."

I read this today on a Facebook feed for Psych Central and decided it should be my "Body Pearl of the Day." Enjoy!

United States of Body

By Pavel G. Somov, Ph.D.



There are days when
I am completely in my mind.
Those days are many.
And then there days when I am totally outdoors, totally out of my mind*

Like now:

*Mindfulness doesn’t mean more mind, it means less mind, more body.  There is this here-and-now smell, this present-moment touch, this dynamic of the moment, i.e. this life as it is unfolding in this moment, and then mind cuts in, with its distracting interpretation, with its intellectualizing narrative.  Never mind your mind – and unite your states of body.

This post was copied directly from the Psych Central Blog: 360 degrees of Mindful Living.

No comments:

Post a Comment