Thursday, January 20, 2011

Steps and Stances

I am debuting the Nia routine Opal tonight. The class focus is on steps and stances.

We use steps as non-stop movement to develop mobility. In stepping one foot is always leaving the ground.

We use stances to develop stability. We stop after stepping, find stillness and stay in place.

This routine is wonderful for the nervous system as moving and stopping are vital to its conditioning.

This particular routine also gives me a sense of empowerment and it's not just because opal is my birth stone. I always feel strong and grounded after I dance to it. In fact, I feel like a ninja! I think you are going to love it.

Class is from 6:30pm – 7:30pm at Fresh Fitness and Dance in Wallingford. The studio is located directly behind Kabul restaurant on Corliss Ave N. off the corner of N. 45th St.

See you tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment