Monday, January 31, 2011

Voice of The Upper Extremities

The focus of tonight’s class is our upper extremities.

The upper extremities include your fingers, hands, upper arms, forearm bones, shoulder joints and shoulder girdle. We will combine both linear and fluid arm and hand movement.

The intent tonight is to discover self-expression and direct energy through the arms, hands and fingers.

The Voice of The Upper Extremities - Body:
"To the physical part of you I offer a way to touch, hug, and love. I am to you, like the branches of a tree. When you desire, I reach out to fulfill your wishes and wantings. When you are scared, I hold you tenderly. When you need love, I openly touch and caress you. I offer you a way to create, build, plant seeds, and assist in birthing humanity. Use me and I will support you in bringing more joy and clarity into your life. Use me and discover the joy of play: throwing, grabbing, scooping, and pushing. I am alive and wanting you to play with me. Awaken to my endless possibilities."

Class begins at 5:30pm at Open Flight Studio in the University District.

No comments:

Post a Comment