Tuesday, February 1, 2011

February Update (Newsletter)

Susan Tate's debut of the new Nia Routine R1. January 1, 2011.
Hello everyone,

Happy New Year! I hope 2011 is off to a great start for you. The last month has been quite wonderful. I began, quite joyously, teaching five classes per week in January and introduced two new routines: Opal and Sexi. In February, I will be working with theme "love" and introducing the Nia routine Passion mid-month. I use "love" in the broadest sense to include love of self, other, nature, humanity and of course, the love of our bodies and movement :).

Class Schedule

My current class schedule is listed below and can also be found on my website:
Mondays: 5:30pm at Open Flight Studio in the University District
Thursdays: 6:30pm at Fresh Fitness and Dance in Wallingford
Fridays: 6:00pm at Delilah's Belly Dance Studio in Fremont
Saturdays: 11:00am 
at Fresh Fitness and Dance in Wallingford
Sundays: 5:00pm (Gentle Nia/Nia 5 Stages) at the Civetta Dance Space in Greenwood

Sunday Class Changes:

I am changing the structure Combined Nia 5 Stages and Gentle/Restorative Nia class on Sunday evenings. Starting in February, we will begin the class with a 40-45 minute Gentle Nia class (level 1) and end with about 10 minutes of the Nia 5 Stages. I have ordered new knee pads from Nia headquarters and hope they arrive within six weeks.

February Holiday Schedule:
No classes on Friday, February 18th, Sunday, February 20th and Monday, February 21st.
*I will be out of town for the holiday weekend.

Class is ON for Saturday, February 19th:
Elise Tissot-Storey, my Nia colleague and friend, also teaches at Fresh Fitness and Dance. Elise's classes are held on Monday mornings at 9:45am and Wednesday mornings at 10:45am. Elise, who I can only describe as an absolute love, will be covering my Saturday, February 19th class when I am out of town. Please come and dance with Elise

Upcoming Nia Mini-Playshops:
Playshops are what Nia folk call workshops. I am currently planning three Nia 5 Stages playshops for Spring. These playshops will provide you with a more in depth practice of the 5 stages.

The Nia 5 Stages is an integrative practice based on the five stages of human development: embryonic, creeping, crawling, standing and walking. When the body moves through the Nia 5 Stages, the body, mind, emotions, and spirit naturally realign, unify and integrate, leaving a greater sense of wholeness, health and well-being. Developed as a practice, these stages lead to changes that improve one's physical comfort, ability to move efficiently, and improvement in whole body functioning and posture. 

In each 90-minute playshop, you will be guided through the 5 Stages practice followed by short Nia class.

More information about the 5 Stages Mini-Playshops coming soon! In the meantime, save the dates:
Saturdays: March 12th, April 16th and May 14th
When: 2:15pm-3:45pm
Where: Civetta Dance Space in Greenwood
Cost: $17 per class or $45 for all 3

Stay in touch:
A reminder that I usually post the class focus (and more) on my blog. You can also find me on Facebook and Twitter

That's all for now. I am looking forward to dancing with you soon and throughout the year.

With warmth and gratitude for being your teacher, student and dance playmate,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment