Friday, February 11, 2011

Expression of Love through the Upper Extremities

The focus of tonight’s class is exploring the expression of love through our upper extremities.

The upper extremities include your fingers, hands, upper arms, forearm bones, shoulder joints and shoulder girdle. These extremities not only allow you to hug and hold yourself, they also energetically and emotionally articulate what you feel inside and what you feel for others.

The Voice of The Arms, Hands and Fingers:
"To the physical part of you I offer a way to touch, hug, and love. I am to you, like the branches of a tree. When you desire, I reach out to fulfill your wishes and wantings. When you are scared, I hold you tenderly. When you need love, I openly touch and caress you.

I offer visual aids for expressing what you feel. As you open to what is moving inside of you, I will respond without needing any thought. I act as you feel. I respond as you feel. I gesture and speak without words as you feel. I follow your feelings and create by design symbols of body gesture. My divine essence allows you to hold space for yourself and for others through the magic of touch.

Use me and I will support you in bringing more joy and clarity into your life. Use me and discover the joy of play. Awaken to my endless possibilities."
Adapted from Nia Technique Book.

Join me tonight in dancing love through your arms, hands and fingers tonight from 6pm – 7pm at Delilah’s Belly Dance Studio in Fremont.

No comments:

Post a Comment