Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Feb Schedule and Playshop Info

Hello everyone,

A reminder of my schedule over the next week:

Thursday, February 17, 2011 – I am debuting the routine “Passion” at 6:30pm at Fresh Fitness and Dance in Wallingford. The focus of this routine will be dancing your body from a place of effortlessness and love.

Elise Tissot-Storey is the lovely little lady in red.
Elise Tissot-Storey will be covering my classes on:
Friday, February 18, 2011 at 6pm at Delilah’s Belly Dance Studio in Fremont, and
Saturday, February 19, 2011 at 11am at Fresh Fitness and Dance in Wallingford.

Elise will be teaching the routine "Butterfly". I have not taught this routine yet but I can tell you that Elise teaches it so beautifully! She teaches with such grace and heart. I thoroughly enjoy dancing with Elise. She has inspired me to learn this routine. Come dance Butterfly with her while I am in San Francisco!

Classes are canceled on Sunday, February 20th and Monday, February 21st.

I return to Seattle next week and am looking forward to resuming my regular teaching schedule on Thursday, February 24th!

“Through art and dance we reclaim our primal heritage and move towards a more embodied future.”  - Anna Halprin

I have shared with many of you where I am going this weekend. I am headed to San Francisco to participate in a special weekend workshop with Anna Halprin. From what I understand, the workshop is on the powerful intelligence of the body and to create personal and collective dances that have meaning and includes movement rituals and other somatic experiences beneath the beautiful redwood trees in Marin. I have been looking forward to this weekend for months and hope it will make me a better person, teacher and student of movement as a healing art.

One last thing. There has been a slight change to the start and end time for the three Nia 5 Stages Playshops I am working on. Take note of the new times:

3 Saturdays:
March 12, 2011: The Base of the Body
April 16, 2011: The Core of the Body
May 14, 2011: The Upper Extremities

Time: 1:30pm-3:30pm
Where: Civetta Dance Space in Greenwood
Cost: $17 per class or $45 for all 3

For more about the playshops: http://everybodyloveyourbody.blogspot.com/p/events.html

To register for any or all of the playshops email me directly at jennifer@everybodyloveyourbody.com.

With love in my heart and gratitude for being your friend, teacher and student,

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment