Monday, February 7, 2011

Dancing Love Through the Chest


Kristin Gasser, Nia Brown Belt, Austria
The focus for all of my February classes, starting this week, is Love.

For tonight's class, I lovingly selected songs from a number of different routines (Sexi, Velvet, Butterfly, Passion and Dreamwalker) that have to do with love and provide a varied movement experience that focuses on opening the chest.

Join me tonight in dancing Love through movement from your chest with the intent of opening the heart.

Class is from 5:30pm – 6:30pm at Open Flight Studio in the University District.

The Voice of the Chest

I am the voice of your chest – the birdcage of your heartbeat. 

I include your ribs, thoracic cavity, sternum or your breastbone, cartilage and twelve thoracic vertebrae. 

I govern the space where love and heart power grow. 

By design, I am open to the light, yet, like a birdcage, I protect something sacred and precious, your heart and lungs, the internal organs that make you human. 

I also support your shoulder girdle, giving freedom to your winged arms and hands. 

You keep me healthy by breathing, moving your lungs inside me. 

Through my openings, pulses the sound of life heard as a beat, the eternal rhythm of life.

I provide a path to your heart, a home for feelings of love, sadness, grief and joy, and an awakening of your most expressive self.

When Dancing Through Life sense life inside your chest. 

Inhale and smell the moment, sensing movement from the inside, out. 

On the hour, every hour, pause and sense the movement of breath expanding your lungs and gently encouraging movement of the birdcage of your chest.

Adapted from Nia Technique Book and Nia 5 Stages module on the Chest.


No comments:

Post a Comment