Friday, October 8, 2010

Celebrating my Birthday with the Joy of Movement

Tonight's class at Open Flight Studio is FREE. Yesterday, I celebrated my 35th birthday and as my gift to my community I have put together some of my favorite Nia songs and moves and will be sharing them in class tonight. The focus of tonight's class is the first of the Nia white belt principles, The Joy of Movement. I have discovered profound joy through movement and am thrilled to share this with you.

In Nia, we experience Joy not as an emotion but as a physical sensation. Experiencing joy as a sensation encourages us to embrace the body as it is and move in ways that produce joy and pleasure, tweaking any movements as necessary to increase or sustain pleasure. What a concept! Tonight we will celebrate our bodies by allowing joy take the lead in our dance!

Class is from 5:30pm-6:30pm at Open Flight Studio . Address is 4205 University Way NE, Seattle, WA, 98105 (walk upstairs - look for the door next to the Pho place).

No comments:

Post a Comment