Monday, June 20, 2011

Savoring the Sweetness, Dancing my Fullness

In Brooklyn
I am back and ready to dance!

While on vacation visiting family in NYC I had high hopes to dance and learn some new songs and moves. I was able to dance only twice with NY Nia colleagues Jason Alan Griffin and Rachel Duvall. Instead, I spent nearly every day eating, walking, eating some more (including large daily doses of dessert) and walking some more and chasing after my little nephews.

I would not have traded this experience for the world. I had a stimulating and restful (yes, both) vacation with my husband. My one word to summarize this vacation: Sweetness.

We came home late last night and are enjoying easing back into our life in Seattle.

I have been looking forward to teaching tonight for days! In the spirit of coming home, the focus of tonight’s class is dancing your fullness. I am at home. I am happy. I feel full of life, sweetness and joy.

Tonight I invite you to find whatever fills you up and dance from that place. We will pick up where we left off working from music and moves from the latin-inspired routine, Aya.

Bring your bare feet and playful spirit to class tonight from 5:30pm – 6:30pm at Open Flight Studio in the University District.

*A special thank you to my Nia Seattle colleagues Gretchen Musgrove, Jill Pagano and Jackie Thai for covering some of my classes while I was away. I only wish I had been there to dance with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment