Thursday, August 4, 2011

Body Gratitude

The focus of tonight's class is Body Gratitude. The intent is to acknowledge and celebrate your body.

This focus was inspired by a line I read by Nia co-founder Debbie Rosas:

"Thank you, body, for the constant loving feedback you give to me, and for helping me to refine and tweak my movements so that I can move with greater ease, dynamic ease and improved function." - 

I practice body gratitude when I do my five stages and self-healing ritual every morning. I have found that this simple act of acknowledging and giving thanks to this body of mine has elevated my experience of pleasure of moving and being in my own body.
She knows I am listening and am more deeply attuned and she responds with magic.

I am inspired to bring this practice into my classic Nia class.

Join me tonight, 6:30pm at Fresh Fitness and Dance in Wallingford, for dancing gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment