Friday, April 22, 2011

Celebrating and Honoring the Earth on Earth Day 2011

The focus of this tonight's class is celebrating the energy of Earth on Earth Day. The intent is to honor and express gratitude, through dance, for our Earth Mother.

Image from americanmeditation.org

I found the following Native American prayer giving thanks to the Earth from the book “Partnering with Nature: The Wild Path to Reconnecting with the Earth” by Catriona MacGregor:

“Great and Eternal Mystery of Life, Creator of All Things,
I give thanks for the beauty You put in every single one of
Your creations.
I am grateful that You did not fail in making every 
stone, plant, creature, and human being 
a perfect and whole part of 
the Sacred Hoop.
I am grateful that You have allowed me to see 
the strength and beauty 
of All My Relations.
My humble request is that all the Children of Earth 
will learn to see the same perfection 
in themselves.
May none of Your human children doubt or question 
Your wisdom, grace, and sense of wholeness 
in giving all of Creation 
a right to be living extensions of 
Your perfect love.”

Join me for an hour of devotional dance expressing our thanks to the Earth. Class tonight, Friday, April 22nd, Earth Day, from 6pm – 7pm at Delilah’s Belly Dance Studio in Fremont.

No comments:

Post a Comment