Sunday, May 22, 2011

Celebrate with a Double Dose of Nia

Today is a special day. It is my one year anniversary of when I did my Nia White Belt Intensive training to become a teacher. And 12 years ago today I met my husband. He has been my biggest fan and greatest support on my Nia journey and he is coming to dance with me at the Spring Jam this afternoon.

My heart is full. My spirit, body and mind are in a state of bliss. To celebrate, I am holding a free intro to Nia class this morning and teaching with 7 other amazing Nia instructors in the Nia Seattle Spring Jam. I can barely contain my excitement. I hope you will join us this afternoon!

The focus of this morning's free introduction to Nia class is principle number 1 of the white belt and the foundation of Nia: the Joy of Movement.

The Joy of Movement is not an emotional response but rather a physical sensation that is experienced through our body. It encourages us to embrace the body as it is and move in such a way as to create and sustain joy and pleasure.

"Joy is the primary sensation you should seek from all movement. If you momentarily lose joy, tweak your movement until joy again arises." from The Nia Technique book

Join me for this intro class from 10:30am - 11:30am at Delilah's Belly Dance Studio in Fremont.

Then, join us for the Nia Seattle Spring Jam where our focus will be on Unity!

Nia Spring Jam
Sunday, May 22, 2011
Theme: We R 1 -Promoting Unity Through Dance
When: Sunday, May 22, 2011 from 2pm – 4pm
Where: Mt Baker Community Club: 2811 Mt Rainier Dr S, Seattle, WA 98144 - Map
Fee: $20 at the door.
Questions: Contact Mollia Jensen at molliania@gmail.com

Jam Teachers include ME (yay!), Gretchen Musgrove, Susan Tate, Jena Hennessey, Jackie Thai, Sandra Caldwell (Nia Tacoma!), Wendy Chapman and jam juggling diva Mollia Jensen!

In times of chaos and uncertainty, when the world is shaken by earthquakes and demands for freedom are being shouted every where - that's a great time to get together and DANCE! NiaSeattle's annual spring jam is focusing on UNITY.

Bring your dancing feet and together we can help spread peace and unity one movement at a time.

In gratitude,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment