Monday, May 30, 2011

June 2011 Newsletter

Summer is on her way! It’s getting warmer, brighter and the time is ripe for dancing into the new season. My classes for the month of June will focus on Joy. The joy of movement, of entering a new season, of celebrating the lightest and brightest time of the year, and honoring the shining light and warmth of the sun.

I am also celebrating the joy of having a new community to dance with at Community Fitness! I am truly looking forward to building and growing my classes there. Even though you cannot use my class cards at Community Fitness, you can easily drop-in for $12 or purchase class cards or membership.

I will have a limited schedule for the month of June while I take make my annual pilgrimage to visit with my family in New York. I leave on June 9th and return on Sunday, June 19th. Once I return, I plan on teaching straight through the Summer! You are stuck with me :)

Below is my teaching schedule for the month of June:

  • Wednesday, June 1, 2011 at 5:30pm at Community Fitness 65th Street Studio
  • Thursday, June 2, 2011 at 6:30pm at Fresh Fitness and Dance in Wallingford
  • Saturday, June 4, 2011 at 1pm at Community Fitness – Roosevelt Studio
  • Sunday, June 5, 2011 at 10:30am at Delilah’s Belly Dance Studio in Fremont
  • Monday, June 6, 2011 at 5:30pm at Open Flight Studio in the University District

My husband and I in front of the
New York Public Library (NYPL) in
Winter 2009. The NYPL is one of
our favorite places in NY.
I will be visiting my family in New York from June 9 – 19, 2011. I can barely contain my excitement to  see my two little nephews, my older niece and nephews, my 92-year old spunky grandmother and mother. I haven't seen them in over a year.

Schedule during my vacation:

  • No Thursday classes on June 9th and 16th
  • No Sunday classes on June 11th and 18th
  • YES! There WILL be class on Monday, June 13, 2011. My dear friend and Nia sister Gretchen Musgrove will teach this 5:30pm class. Come to class on Monday June 13th!

Classes at Community Fitness will proceed as scheduled. Gretchen will be teaching both Wednesday 5:30pm classes at the 65th Street Studio while I am away: June 8th and 15th. My other dear friend and Nia sister Jackie Thai will be teaching on Saturday June 18th at 1pm at the Roosevelt Studio location. Community Fitness will provide a sub for my class on Saturday June 11th as well.

Both Gretchen and Jackie are amazing teachers! I wish I could be there to dance with them!

Post-vacation - June 20th - June 30, 2011:
Regular classes resume on Monday, June 20th! Join me for my first class back in June 20th. I plan on learning some new songs while in NY and can’t wait to dance with you when I get back.

Please do not stop dancing while I am away ☺  If I could dance with you via Skype I would! I will miss dancing with you! Dance, dance, dance through life with joy!

With heartfelt gratitude for your continued support,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment