Friday, July 1, 2011

Dressing Up to Dance

Ever wonder where I get those fun sassy flare pants? Or tunic tops? They come from the Nia store and you can now purchase them directly online from my Nia profile page. And you get 40% off on select items. That's right, 40% off. Dig it! http://nianow.com/jennifer-earle

I have to admit that when I first started doing Nia as a student I didn't wear pretty dance clothes. In fact, I wore yoga pants and a t-shirt. In the very beginning I hid my body and didn't think about wearing clothing that made me feel beautiful or that had textures that were pleasing to touch. I did not create a sensual experience. Over time, I find myself selecting pants that were pleasant to touch and more form-fitting. I sought colorful tanks that showed my shoulders and arms. And then during my Nia white belt intensive training, I discovered Nia Wear.

My oh my! Nia clothing is beautiful, functional, durable and most styles fit me like a glove. My favorite item is the flare pant. They make me feel like I have wings on my feet when I dance. I love the tunic top (which can double as a skirt) and how it accentuates the shimmy of my shoulders, the sway of my hips and rotation of my rib cage. My absolute favorite is the Nia slanted dress. When I wear this dress, I can feel a shift in every movement - I feel more sensual, playful and alive in every cell. Now hear me singing..."these are a few of my faavvoorriittee things." :)



Nowadays, whenever I dance, even when I practice songs at home to prepare to teach, I select the most beautiful dance wear I can find. It is part of my movement ritual to honor my body with beautiful clothing. To move, not just for exercise, but in reverence and love for my body. The clothing is just the wrapping for this gift that is the Joy of Movement.

Along with Nia wear, you can also purchase Nia music (also 40% off for select CDs). I play Nia music even when I am driving in my car or sitting at my desk at work. The music takes me away to another place. Sometimes I can see myself, in my mind's eye, dancing to the music. And often times, I get up and I dance.

Take a peak at what I have selected as my favorite items at my Nia store:

http://nianow.com/jennifer-earle

And if you purchase any of these lovely items, I expect to see you on the dance floor with them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment