Monday, March 28, 2011

April News: Class Change, Playshop, Come to Hawaii, and more!

Hello everyone,

I hope you’ve had a lovely few weeks ushering in Spring! I have plenty of news to share with you. Sit back, grab a cup of tea, coffee or your favorite ice cream and read carefully :)


Class changes: NEW CLASS time and location for Saturdays! 
My Saturday class has changed. Starting on Saturday, April 2nd I will be teaching at Open Flight Studio in the University District from 10:30am – 11:30am. The rest of my schedule remains the same for April. View my updated schedule.

Future Class Changes - starting in May:
Sunday, May 1, 10:30am - 11:30am at Delilah's Belly Dance Studio in Fremont
and
Friday, May 6, 5:30pm - 6:30pm at Open Flight Studio in the University District

*Stay tuned for more in the future about my Gentle Nia and Nia 5 Stages class. I am still exploring options for teaching this restorative and healing class. My last class will likely at the Civetta Dance Space will likely be on Sunday April 17th. 

Email Poll:
Please let me know if you would be interested in an ongoing Nia 5 Stages class Saturdays mornings from 9:30am - 10:30am at Open Flight Studio in the University District. Email me at jennifer@everybodyloveyourbody.com.

Discount Class Rates for Students:
If you are a college, university, high school student, I now offer special student rates.
Drop-in to a class for $8 or buy a 5-class card for $35.

FREE class:
It is my desire for as many people to experience Nia as possible. Over the past 8 years, Nia has been a life-changing fitness and lifestyle practice. I invite you to help share the joy you experience in a Nia class. Invite your friends to try a class with me. Their first class will be FREE!

Events: Playshop and Hawaii!


Nia 5 Stages Playshop: Core of the Body 
Saturday, April 16, 2011 – 1:30pm – 3:30pm 
Location: Civetta Dance Space in Greenwood, 124 N 103rd St, Seattle, WA 98133
Cost: $17
More info, click here.

The Nia 5 Stages of self-healing is an integrative practice based on the five stages of human development: embryonic, creeping, crawling, standing and walking. This workshop is dedicated to self-healing and to the using these five movements as stimulation to feel better in your body.

When the body moves through the Nia 5 Stages, the body, mind, emotions, and spirit naturally realign, unify and integrate, leaving a greater sense of wholeness, health and well-being. Developed as a practice, these stages lead to changes that improve one's physical comfort, ability to move efficiently, and improvement in whole body functioning and posture.

The core of the body includes the pelvis, chest, head and spine. In this workshop, we will explore how the core of the body is supported and activated in each of the five stages through the sensations of flexibility, agility, mobility, strength and stability.

During this 120-minute playshop you will be guided through the 5 Stages practice followed by an hour-long Nia class that focuses on the movements from the core of the body.

To register, please email me at jennifer@everybodyloveyourbody.com


Come to Hawaii with me! February 4-9, 2012 
Yes, that's right, I said Hawaii! Delilah Flynn, owner of Delilah’s Belly Dance Studio in Fremont, has asked me to partner with her on a Belly Dancing and Nia retreat in Hawaii at Kalani Oceanside Retreat Village. Of course, I said YES! Imagine me with a giant smile - ear to ear. I think I may have even shimmied. In fact, I am certain I did.

Each day will include belly dancing, Nia, other movement exercises and live music. It is going to be divine.

If you register with a $500 deposit between March 18- May 31st 2011, we can easily get you on an easy payment plan. This helps you and helps us block out enough rooms for our group far in advance so we can have a really fun retreat. For thinking ahead we will also give you a FREE extra night room and board for your personal rest and relaxation or adventurous spirit. Sign up before May 31st!

More information on Delilah's website: http://www.delilahs-belly-dance-retreat.com/January2012-B/aboutretreat2012B.html 

Announcements:
On Sunday, April 10, 2011, I will be covering the lovely Gretchen Musgrove’s 11:30am – 12:30pm Nia class at the Civetta Dance Spance while she is at the Nia Blue Belt training. Please join me for a delightful and energetic Sunday mid-morning class! For a double dose of Nia, come back for my 5pm Gentle Nia/Nia 5 Stages class.

Save the Date: 
Nia Seattle Spring Jam - Sunday May 22, 2-4pm at the Mount Baker Community Club.

That’s all for now. I look forward to dancing with you again throughout the month of April and appreciate your continued support. Many of you know how much I love to teach (and learn!) and I am so grateful that you have chosen me to be one of your Nia teachers.

Thank you with all my heart,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment