Friday, March 25, 2011

The Voice of Flexibility

The focus of tonight’s class is to experience the sensation of flexibility with the intent to notice and experience expansion in the body.

Flexibility is sensed as energy moving out. For example, opening your fingers and sensing rays of light coming out from the wrist all the way out from the tips of your fingers.

Flexibility provides you the freedom to expand, radiate outward, and extend in all directions. It also creates spaciousness within and connects you to the world around you.

When you sense flexibility, you can sustain whole-body movement while your body says, “I feel more space; I am getting more flexible."

The Voice of Flexibility

I am the voice of Flexibility. I give you the freedom to expand in your life. You sense me as energy radiating outward like the sun radiates heat, like a rubber band expanding and extending in all directions. You know me through the first stretch of waking. I am the yawn of your body. Feline, I love to extend, to know my own fullness down to my toes and out my tail - into my claws and the spaces between. My pliability creates space within you and connects your edges to the world beyond. To your emotional body, I am the product of yearning and desire; contentment and satiation; security and curiosity. Connect to me through desire and in your longing, open up to expose your deepest self. Through me, find trust, expansion; discover your full potential. I am your potential. Let me in by letting yourself out.

*Excerpt from Nia handout on the Five Sensations.

Join me tonight for an expansive journey into exploring your unique sensation of flexibility. Class from 6pm – 7pm at Delilah’s Belly Dance Studio in Fremont.

No comments:

Post a Comment