Tuesday, March 8, 2011

March Announcements - Nia 5 Stages Playshop on Saturday and more

A few brief announcements:

There is still space available in my Nia 5 Stages Playshop coming up this Saturday, March 12th from 1:30pm – 3:30pm at the Civetta Dance Space in Greenwood. This is the first of three playshops I have scheduled over the next three months. Please note that I am still teaching my regular 11am Saturday morning class at Fresh Fitness and Dance in Wallingford.

For those of you that have not experienced it, the Nia 5 Stages of self-healing is an integrative practice based on the five stages of human development: embryonic, creeping, crawling, standing and walking. This workshop is dedicated to self-healing and to the using these five movements as stimulation to feel better in your body.

When the body moves through the Nia 5 Stages, the body, mind, emotions, and spirit naturally realign, unify and integrate, leaving a greater sense of wholeness, health and well-being. Developed as a practice, these stages lead to changes that improve one's physical comfort, ability to move efficiently, and improvement in whole body functioning and posture.

I have been practicing the Nia 5 Stages every single day since May 22, 2011 when I learned the practice at my white belt training. I have found no other movement practice that has helped me to move with more self-awareness, self-love, and grace and that has dramatically improved my flexibility, mobility, agility, strength, and stability. It brings me great joy to share this practice with you.

In each 120-minute playshop, you will be guided through the 5 Stages practice followed by an hour-long Nia class.

Details are below for this Saturday’s workshop and two other announcements:

March 12, 2011 – 1:30pm – 3:30pm: The Base of the Body 
Location: Civetta Dance Space in Greenwood: 124 N 103rd St (between N 1st Ave & N Greenwood Ave), Seattle, WA 98133
Workshop Fee: $17 or $45 for all 3 playshops (see my events page for more information)
The base of the body includes the feet, ankles, shinbones, knees, thighbones and hips. In this workshop, we will explore how the base of the body is supported and activated in each of the five stages through the sensations of flexibility, agility, mobility, strength and stability. We will then experience an hour-long Nia routine that focuses on the movements from the base of the body.

Sunday, March 13, 2011 – Double dose of Nia 9:30am and 5pm 
Location: Civetta Dance Space in Greenwood
I am subbing for the lovely Jena Hennessey on Sunday morning, March 13th from 9:30am – 10:30am at the Civetta Dance Space in Greenwood. It will be a Nia double dose Sunday for me – teaching at 9:30am and then again at 5pm. Come join me for one or both classes!

Sunday, March 20, 2011 – Dance into Spring
Location: Civetta Dance Space in Greenwood
The Spring equinox is on Sunday, March 20th. Please join me for my 5pm class that day in celebrating our entry into the season of rebirth, renewal, growth and new life.

Always grateful for your continued support and looking forward to dancing with you,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment