Thursday, March 31, 2011

Whole-Body Movement


The focus of tonight’s class is whole-body dance movement with the intent to experience passion, play, creativity, ease and joy.

I love that, in Nia, we move not only our bones, muscles and joints, but that we also move our spine, head, eyes, fingers, toes and our internal energy! I love that I can feel the energy rise from within and that my heart, mind, and soul are moved. From my experience, whole-body movement with Nia is not just the movement of the physical body but also of the emotional, energetic, psychological and spirit-body.

I read recently on a Nia colleagues website (http://www.nia-joyinmotion.com) the following:

“Nia is a living, holistic system that works with the body’s natural wisdom and intelligence. The goal is to move from rigidity to liberation; creating from the inside out. This allows your own emotions, feelings, and how you may experience the depth of music, to connect with your body as well as your spirit. Nia offers you the freedom to embrace your unique creativity, responses, self-inquiry, and free expression.”

Join me tonight for whole-body joyful movement that will not only work all of your extrinsic and intrinsic muscles but will also enliven your body, heart, mind and spirit.

Class from 6:30pm - 7:30pm at Fresh Fitness and Dance in Wallingford.

No comments:

Post a Comment